XI2 relative motion events documentation

Rendaw rendaw at zarbosoft.com
Sat Oct 23 10:34:04 PDT 2010

  On 10/20/2010 07:26 PM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
> Also, if you notice any glaring inconsistencies, please let us know so
> we can fix either the spec or the implementation.

I don't think there was anything glaring, but this threw me off a bit...
In XIDeviceEvent, the spec lists the variable "sourceid" which specifies
the source device, but XInput2.h on my system has both "sourceid" and
"deviceid".  Also, the spec lists "valuators_len", "valuators", and
"axisvalues" but the header only shows "valuators".  That one goes for
XIRawEvent as well.
>>> One last question, semi-relevant.  Can I rely on the ordering of
>>> events to link the RawEvents to the MotionEvents?
>> in the current implementation, that's the case but there's nothing in the
>> protocol requiring it. so relying on it may break in the future.
> I think it'd be fair to mandate that the resulting events have the same
> timestamp.
Okay, thanks!