ABI questions

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:00:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com> wrote:
> The Sep 18 InputDriverRec loses refcount hopefully occured on the master
> branch, and *should* have been accompanied by an XINPUT ABI bump to 12,0,
> but apparently somebody missed that.

Do you think it's worth investigating whether or not there could be an
automated (or more automated) way of catching ABI changes to ensure
the ABI versions get bumped appropriately?

I had asked earlier if there is an easy way to describe which
files/functions/etc define one of the ABI's, if there were, maybe it
would be easier to keep the ABI's in sync?