No subject

Tue Oct 19 08:13:50 PDT 2010

be defined in the file xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Xinput.h, but is
that the only place it's defined? Is there a list somewhere saying:
"here are the files/functions/identifiers which define ABI X"? If not,
would that be useful?

Has anyone attempted to track which releases contain which ABI
versions? If not, would that be useful?

Grepping through the code there are many instances throughout driver/*
where the version of the XINPUT ABI is checked. But there aren't any
instances of any code checking the version of the EXTENSION ABI.
Shouldn't there be lots of such checks throughout the extension
libraries? Especially the older ones?

If it is correct to assume the date of tagging is the same as the date
of release, I have determined the following list of events:

- (ABI_XINPUT_VERSION at 10,0)

- (InputDriversRec contains a refCount member)

- Apr 2
1.8.0 released

- May 11
1.8.1 released

- May 27
ABI_XINPUT_VERSION bumped to 11,0

- Jul 1
1.8.2 released

- Aug 20
1.9.0 released

- Sep 18
InputDriverRec loses refCount

If I only perform a check of the ABI version, the code won't compile
if building against code between May 27 and Sep 18. Is that
acceptable? Or am I misunderstanding something?