patch:libXt-1.0.8 fix possible NULL access

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Tue Oct 5 08:40:50 PDT 2010

Alan Coopersmith schrieb:
> walter harms wrote:
>> hi i got no feedback for my patch
>> could you please take a look ? subject:
>> patch:libXt-1.0.8 fix possible NULL access
>
> Sorry, it's libXt, which is very near the bottom of most people's
> priority lists, now that most modern desktop software doesn't use
> it (neither Qt or GTK use libXt).

yep, i noticed this is nice because there are not so many changes anymore
gives more time to send fixes :)
and there is still plenty of software that uses Xt

> Adding the check for NULL seems reasonable, but you then switch
> from 4-space to 8-space indents for the code you re-indented.
> Please try to maintain consistency with the surrounding code when
> making changes so the code stays a little more readable.

I am sorry, tabs are always a problem the second patch you noticed
is the "original" one.

> You appear to have attached a different version of the patch than
> in the body of your e-mail - neither git nor patch can apply either
> one to the current git tree.   After a bit of manual editing I
> finally got one to work, so I fixed the indenting and committed it.

I am confused, I used the current 1.0.8 as base. Are the problems
related to the tabs or more ?

re,
 wh