Can we configure Xserver render with the FrameBuffer?

Leo leo20090916 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 18:56:58 PST 2010

Hi all:
   Can I remove the 3D accelerate driver, and use the FrameBuffer based
Xorg?
I'm not familiar with the architecture of the XWindow, but after google,  It
seems that Xserver dont use the FrameBuffer.

Here is my problem:
   I got into a trouble, I use the OMAP3 based board and TI provide the
driver.
But these's some issue about text rendering, after we do the animation of
window's transition.
It may be related with TI's driver, but there will be a very long time, we
need move on.

All our app is Xlib based, So I consider whether can I do this workaround [?]

B.R
Leo