build.sh broken on Solaris 10

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 05:59:27 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Gaetan Nadon <memsize at videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 23:40 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>
> Thomas Dickey <dickey at his.com> (11/11/2010):
>> That's probably the bash manpage, since you're quoting from it.
>
> No, that's dash's. dash has some extra features on top of POSIX as far
> as I can tell. See [1], no “local” (except for “locale” ;)) stuff
> documented there.
>
> I have both "bash" and "dash" (first time I hear about it!) installed.
>
> man sh title: BSD General Commands Manual "command interpreter (shell)"
> man bash title: GNU Bourne-Again SHell
>
> I'll gladly push a patch :-)

On Debian, try installing posh (POsix SHell) and running the script
with that. If you want old school Bourne shell compatibility (usually
configure scripts strive for this), you can try the Heirloom Bourne
shell, which is derived from OpenSolaris.

http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/sh.html

The documentation Thomas pointed you to should be helpful for POSIX
shells, though.

--
Dan