Smooth scrolling again

Max Schwarz Max at x-quadraht.de
Mon Nov 8 13:55:17 PST 2010

Hi Simon,

> That sounds fine. But how are button events being generated which match
> a potential only-smooth-scrolling input?
I'm not sure I understand your question. I didn't change the generation of
button events in any way. They are just emitted in parallel by the old code.

> > You want that distinction in the server? That would require more changes,
> > since non-integrating valuators would need to be handled the same as
> > relative valuators in most contexts.
>
> True, though negligible for bit-flag based modes.
Okay, now we need a decision ;-)
I'll change it if it's wanted, but it'll blow the patch quite a bit up ;-)

> We have axis labels ( = properties + some shi shi), why not use
> properties to communicate the axis resolution? It seems that the axis
> resolution field is well-intentioned, but hasn't actually been used.
I'm doing that already in one direction (client -> driver) if someone wants to
change the evdev wheel resolution. I think the right solution would be to emit
a XI event telling the client that the device has changed.

Max