Smooth scrolling again

Max Schwarz Max at x-quadraht.de
Sun Nov 7 09:26:20 PST 2010

Hi Daniel,

> Nice!
Thanks ;-)

> I think the NoIntegration stuff is entirely unnecessary though -
> if you've set your axis range appropriately, then you won't need this
> hack at all.  If you can come up with a patchset that doesn't require
> this, I'd be more than happy to test it with Synaptics.  (Or I can
> answer any questions you'd have if you were having problems without it.)
1) What's to keep the user from scrolling past any axis ranges?
2) Scroll events report the delta, to do that would require differentiating the
integrated value again. What's the point?

If you have a more elegant solution, I'll happily remove the server changes...

>> [filtering]
> Globally, I guess.
As outlined in my earlier mail to Simon I'll do it locally for now, if another
driver needs it, we can always move it to the server. The server has no idea
which valuators are scroll valuators anyway (aside from the no_integration
flag, which is not really the same).

Max