BuildingX script from the Wiki

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Mon May 31 00:02:57 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 08:03:47PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> I think that POSIX 'shell' scripts, you know... sh or bash, would
> serve more people/admins. Largely because they don't have to
> install and learn/install another language or framework. So this
> is an interesting addition to see. git, configure, make, make install...
> wrapped in shell.
> How does one know the proper order to build the modules in?
> I got partway there by trial going by error messages. Is there
> an ordered textfile of modules in git/util? Perhaps I should look
> there again.

jhbuild expands the xorg meta-module in util/modular/xorg.modules to the
list below. There is no arch/os filtering currently, so you would have
to filter out drivers you don't need, and in case of Apple or Windows, you
would have to put the corresponding libs and protos at the marked
locations. build.sh contains more apps and fonts.

macros
bigreqsproto
compositeproto
damageproto