helping organize x.org documentation

Oliver McFadden oliver.mcfadden at nokia.com
Thu May 27 17:23:32 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 01:55 +0200, ext Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> Matt,
>
> On 05/26/2010 04:12 PM, Matt Dew wrote:
> > Ok here's a summary of current changes:
> >
> > 1) I used kernelnewbies.org as the template, so this page doesn't look
> > like the xorg wiki.  (probably least important diff),
>
> I guess you can remove "XOrg" from the top and let only the logo there.
>
> Another issue to worry about is regarding the wiki engine. Is MoinMoin
> good enough for us? I'm totally dumb regarding these technologies but we
> should choose one easily to upgrade, maintain, customize, etc.

(I'm just jumping into the middle of the conversation, so my apologies
if I have missed something.)

It's been a long time since I've looked at wiki software, but I remember
the search engines being terrible except on MediaWiki.

MediaWiki also has a lot of cool features, is well maintained
(Wikipedia...), and has support for 3rd party extensions:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:AllPages/Extension: (unorganized
list, but you get the idea.)

It also provides good cross referencing etc, so this would be my vote.