request for help - build.sh enhancement

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu May 27 05:48:44 PDT 2010

This is a call for help, if you're into shell-scripting this shouldn't take
long. I just don't have the time to do it myself.

One of the things that has annoyed me for quite a while is that the command
to start a build and the command to resume a build are slightly different.

build.sh --clone -f built.modules <prefix>

clones and builds all modules, appending the ones built into the
build.modules file. This gives you a full tree with one command only -
provided nothing goes wrong.

the script writes the module being built into the file as well, the last
line is the one that failed. So you can continue with
build.sh --clone -f built.modules -r `tail -n 1 built.modules` <prefix>

now, this is annoying. why do I need to remember those two? Why can't I just
use "-f built.modules -r" or "-f -r built.modules" or something like that?
the script should be smart enough to figure out where to resume from.

So if you're motivated - please go for it, I think it'd be quite helpful.
build.sh is a shell-script, no C expertise is required.

Cheers,
  Peter