Do not display the screensaver

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Wed May 19 04:01:09 PDT 2010

Hi, Jackson,
	First thanks for your explanation, through the debugging, I found when I start the "fade to black", the gamma values will be setup to the default value (1.0), it will be transferred to the XServer. And in XServer, the value will be write into the VidModeSetGamma -> xf86ChangeGamma -> xf86RandR12ChangeGamma -> gamma_to_ramp (calculate the RGB values) -> RRCrtcGammaSet. Now I have some difficulty. In gamma_to_ramp step, I found the type of ramp value is CARD16. Why is not the CARD8? For R,G,B values, it only have 256bytes RAM.
	Can you tell me the reason?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Hunk Cui