[PULL] use LRMI for real-mode calls

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Fri May 14 09:03:43 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 20:58:58 +0300, Tiago Vignatti wrote:

> Keith,
>
> All int10 module went to libx86, which in turn is accessed by a shiny new
> lrmi. It became very easy to create real mode contexts now; for instance all X
> server code has ~60 lines only. And the cool thing is that the API for drivers
> keeps the same:
>
>     git://people.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/xserver lrmi-for-children
>     git://people.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/libx86

I'm completely unable to review this code, but a couple comments anyway
(I already said this to Tiago on irc, but repeating here for the
record):
- the xserver series is unbisectable, either some effort should be spent
  on that or the patches should be merged.  Especially because comments
  like "I removed some unspecified code because I couldn't test it or I
  think it's broken" don't inspire confidence that there won't be
  regressions from this change
- this makes libx86 a required dependency for the xfree86 ddx, but
  libx86 doesn't build on non-x86 archs afaict.  This should be fixed
  either by making libx86 build everywhere, or by making it optional (I
  don't know which is appropriate).

Cheers,
Julien