Do not display the screensaver

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Wed May 12 20:26:45 PDT 2010

Hi, all,
 The screensaver issue,
	About the xscreensaver question,
   	1. In fade_screens functions (fade.c) it will call xf86_gamma_fade function at fade.c, I found it will fading in (from black), then first crank the gamma all the way down to 0, then take the windows off the screen, Why are the RGB values setup to 0? And what is mean about the fading in (from black)?
2. On Ubuntu and Fedora, when the screensaver is opened and then start(after 1 minute when I set), the screen will be in chaos. Few seconds later, the screen turns to be black as usual. If the user move the mouse or press the key, the screen can not be back again. We can not assure if this bug has been reported in the community.
     	You can use the xscreensaver tools link: http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/download.html. I don’t suggest use the gnome-screensaver to duplicated the bug on Ubuntu. Because the gnome-screensaver running on startx-desktop. The xscreensaver is a client program running on Xorg. When you installed it, you can run ‘xscreensaver-demo’ to setup the screensaver environment, after exit the demo interface, run ‘xscreensaver -nosplash’ as a Linux common user (su username), it will start the screensaver after some times.
           In my ubuntu workstation environment, when I used the VESA-driver, the phenomenon is normal after wait for 1 minute, if you move the mouse or press the key, the screen can be back again. Once use the Geode-driver (AMD), the screen will be in black after wait for 1 minute, if you move the mouse or press the key, the screen can not be back again.
How can I fix this bug? Can you help me?
I am looking forward to your early reply.
Thanks,
Hunk Cui