RFC: getting rid of Xalloc/Xfree/... in server

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon May 10 08:23:34 PDT 2010

Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> Twas brillig at 07:19:51 10.05.2010 UTC-07 when alan.coopersmith at oracle.com did gyre and gimble:
>
>  AC> While I've been looking at the pull requests, I'd also prefer
>  AC> patches to the list for all X.Org modules (and am not the only
>  AC> person who should be looking at library patches, even if I'm the
>  AC> only one who has taken the trouble to pull your requests).
>
> Uhm, I don't understand
> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-April/007329.html then.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest in that to stop e-mailing patches.

Patches to the list are preferred for review.   When there's a bunch (like
14), having somewhere to pull as well from may simplify testing, but that
happens far less often than review by someone just reading the e-mail.

After the review is completed, a pull request for X server with all the
signed-off-by & reviewed-by in place will generally get processed faster.
For the other components without the more formal review of X server, if
the reviewer has commit privs, we'll often push it ourselves without waiting
for the latency of that extra round-trip.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com