Help With setting Window Borders

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Mon May 3 09:47:56 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-03 12:40, John Eke wrote:
>   Thanks a lot for your response Peter, is there any way around this
> though? I can get the window to render without decorations, but will
> this suffice?

Depends on the window manager.

You can always set "override-redirect" on your window, which will bypass
the window manager entirely. But your users won't appreciate it if you
override-redirect anything that isn't a brief splash screen or a simple
popup menu.

If you really want a solid frame of a particular colour inside your
window, you can always paint one by hand.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/