Option "Rotate" in xorg.conf doesn't work

Cui, Hunk Hunk.Cui at amd.com
Wed Jun 23 18:58:42 PDT 2010

Hi, Barry,

>> Just a side note, add the command line to Xorg.conf
>> Option "Rotate" "INVERT"
>> or
>> Option "Rotate" "LEFT"
>> or
>> Option "Rotate" "CCW"
>> or
>> Option "RandRRotation" "TRUE"
>>
>> Do you know why the Option "Rotate" in xorg.conf doesn't work for me? ( I tested in ATI driver and Geode driver ), Anyway, I only use the Xrandr operation to rotate screen. I want to use the Xorg.conf -> Option method to rotate screen when start the Xorg.

>Check the allowed values for "Rotate".
>I recall that Intel driver only allows 0, 1, 2, 3 for example.
Maybe the ATI and Geode have their own set of allowed values.

[Cui, Hunk] There was a complaint about invalid rotation type, so I looked in the Geode-driver source code (lxdriver.c:LXPreInit()), the values only allow LEFT, INVERT, CCW, then the values can be transferred to xf86SetDesiredModes, but it doesn't work. :(

Thanks,
Hunk Cui