Xorg on Solaris 10?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Jun 21 07:09:49 PDT 2010

Pat Kane wrote:
> Does anyone try to compile the current Xorg git tree on Solaris 10?
> (not OpenSolaris)?
> We are having GCC problems on 64 bit systems  [looks like GCC bugs but
> I've not taken
> a very detailed look yet.]

Not me - I've not been building git on Solaris 10 in quite a while, and
when building on any Solaris release I normally build with the Sun compilers.

One known issue is that building the Xorg server itself requires use of
gmake, not Solaris make, since Solaris make doesn't support the "sinclude"
syntax used in hw/xfree86/loader/Makefile.am

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com