[RFC/PATCH] xfree86: add xf86IDrvMsg and friends for input driver logging.

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Wed Jun 16 08:19:18 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 02:37:48PM +0200, ext Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Since this definition is in xf86Xinput.h, xf86Xinput.h is part of the
> SDK, and these functions have to do with input devices, does it make
> sense to put the declarations there and the code in xf86Xinput.c? Or
> keep the code in xf86Helper.c and include xf86Xinput.h from xf86.h? It
> just seems kind of silly to have this declaration here when it's
> already being exported to the drivers.

I second Dan.

And xf86Xinput.c seems better location than xf86Helper.c. The latter is
becoming not trendy anymore :) ...I'm not kidding! We have a plenty of helper
functions spread around many other files and it's not a good idea to put all
inside one single file only if we care about modularization of the server.

             Tiago