No subject

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Sat Jun 12 02:43:18 PDT 2010

Morton,

	After I fix the PictOpOver operation, the geode still has
another rendering issue. That is also serious. I attached a picture,
please take a look. I have not find the root cause.
	I use this simple gtk program to reproduce. When I move the
mouse on the button, some green add-on region is appearing. You can see
the green part on scissor button.
	I trace the code and found that when I move the mouse on the
button, the driver will do two rendering operation(lx_do_composite). The
format of these two operations are:

	1)pSrc : PICT_a8r8g8b8     pMsk: 0     	pDst: PICT_r5g6b5
	2)pSrc : PICT_a8r8g8b8     pMsk: PICT_a8 	pDst:
PICT_r5g6b5

	When I note the 1) condition handle in geode driver code,
everything is ok. No add-on region is appeared again. But I am sure our
driver can handle the 1) condition correctly, I use rendercheck to test
that case.
	At the same time, when I move the mouse on the button, other
rendering is done by Xserver because our driver can not handle all the
rendering condition. That is due to our limited rendering function. I am
not sure if it is caused by this mixed rendering result( our driver and
pixman rendering together).

Thanks,
Frank