dixSetPrivate regression

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 7 11:05:01 PDT 2010

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:32:30 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:

> I did not, but pulling in master as of a few minutes ago
> (bc26665661565918af484ccd17caad951010df60) still does not alleviate
> the problem in xtest:

Sorry, I misinterpreted 'xtest' - there's an 'xtest' in the test
directory as well as in Xext and I thought you were running that program
and not the X server.

It seems like the XTest extension isn't getting initialized in your
server, which would leave the XTest device private key
uninitialized. That this causes a crash is a separate issue, but first
check to see whether XTestExtensionInit is getting called.

We should fix the XTest extension code to not do anything if the
extension isn't registered though.

keith.packard at intel.com