fpit driver removal

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jun 2 07:44:58 PDT 2010

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
> hello. i've noticed fpit driver is masked as broken in recent
> xorg releases (since merge back to xorg-drivers-1.7 and 1.8),
>  even despite patches available.
>
> i am user of said driver, and it works, and worked fine with quite all
> xorg releases prior to 'update'.

"masked as broken" sounds like something done by your distro - it's
not something we do upstream.

We did drop a lot of the input drivers due to lack of users and
maintainers, but that was indicated by a fatal error in their
configure script, and xf86-input-fpit does not seem to have that,
and our MAINTAINERS list has it as "unmaintained" not "deactivated".

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com