No subject

Tue Jun 1 05:21:45 PDT 2010

exchanged some messages discussing about the removal or not of the secondary
way to match fb <-> PCI. Given stills obscure its real need, I just left the
code there, changing the location only.

Mark Kettenis and Alan pointed about the file location of the new
xf86PciOpenFbdev function, which went to OS specific place.

Besides, Mark Kettenis complained about patch #2. I still don't believe anyone
uses this kind of debugging so I left intact the patch there. But I can be
wrong though.

Thank you,

            Tiago

[0] I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense for someone to free modules from
PCI code? For me it's pretty clear but I'll explain the machiavellian plan
anyway in the next series that I'll send today.

Tiago Vignatti (6):
  xfree86: fbdevhw: remove unused cmap fields from main structure
  xfree86: fbdevhw: remove superfluous debug code
  xfree86: fbdevhw: remove superfluous pci pointer from probe function
  xfree86: fbdevhw: simplify fbdev_open_pci function
  xfree86: fbdevhw: move PCI region fetching code to common pci file
  xfree86: fbdevhw: remove all pci symbols from the module

 hw/xfree86/fbdevhw/fbdevhw.c         |  108 +++++-----------------------------
 hw/xfree86/fbdevhw/fbdevhw.h         |    4 +-
 hw/xfree86/fbdevhw/fbdevhwstub.c     |    2 +-
 hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/Pci.c      |   12 ++++
 hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/Pci.h      |    3 +
 hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/bsd_pci.c  |    6 ++
 hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/linuxPci.c |   20 ++++++