[Intel-gfx] xf86-video-intel: configure.ac

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Jul 28 05:15:55 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:34:01 -0700, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
>> and glproto is missing a dep on GL:
>>
>> <arjan> In file included from i810.h:60:0,
>> <arjan>                  from i810_accel.c:41:
>> <arjan> /usr/include/GL/glxint.h:36:19: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
>
> From memory, I think this is just a bit of idiocacy in the driver
> inappropriately using a GL type, i.e. for a variable unconnected with
> any of the GL interfaces.

There was a few gratuitous uses of GLuint in the core driver that I
just removed.  Then the legacy i810 driver still had the code to
create and set GLX visuals, which hasn't been used for years now (we
get the configs from the dri driver even for dri1 since 2007).    I
removed that chunk of code, which means that the legacy driver wont
work with X server before 2007, but the purpose of the legacy code is
to run the old driver on new servers anyway (right?).

Kristian