XDS2010 talks will be recorded?

Matt Dew matt at osource.org
Sun Jul 18 23:18:29 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Michael Larabel
<michael.larabel at phoronix.com> wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 09:22 PM, Corbin Simpson wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Matt Dew<matt at osource.org>  wrote:
>>

>>> I know this is probably a really silly question, but will all the
>>> talks at XDS will be recorded and available for those not able to
>>> attend?
>>>

>> I don't think it's that silly. Some of the talks, especially the
>> open-ended discussions that we got into, would have been fairly nice
>> to have saved for posterity. In my opinion, we should record them.
>>
>> ~ C.
>>

> If no one else does any recordings or have any objections, I can easily do
> so and host them. They'll be either audio or HD video recordings depending
> upon what equipment I end up bringing.
>
> -- Michael

Great!  Thanks for volunteering to record presentations Michael!!

According to http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDS2010/Program
there are currently 7 talks, though I don't know how many concurrent
events there are.  Do you need any help?

Also,  I though I think also having them hosted on the x.org site
would be good.  The new push to centralize all the Xorg stuff.

Will presenters' slides be available as well?   Or could we get copies
we can put on Xorg's wiki?

Matt