Problem while configuring xserver.

Amey amey1288 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 05:42:27 PST 2010

Hello Sir,
            Sorry to ask such a question but I am installing X11 with option
as "--prefix=/opt/mpx " i.e. in /opt/mpx folder while configuring each and
every package including libX11.I am following the script given on the link
for the same:

http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/BuildingX?action=show&redirect=Development%2Fgit

even I tried to find libX11.so in /opt/mpx and I got following locations:

/opt/mpx/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11.la
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11-xcb.la
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11.a
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11.so.6
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11.so
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11-xcb.a
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11-xcb.so
/opt/mpx/lib/libX11-xcb.so.1
/opt/mpx/share/doc/libX11

>  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11

     So accordingly I set paths for the environment variables.

>> I have set environment variables with following paths for configuring all
>> packages:
>>
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH = /opt/mpx/pkgconfig:/opt/mpx/share/pkgconfig
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /opt/mpx/lib
>> ACLOCAL = aclocal -I /opt/mpx/share/aclocal

   Thus please can you please elaborate more about:

 LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH should contain the paths to your X11
> installation as well.
>

> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete
>
> What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software 'releases.'
>  Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
> assurance people in its wake.

Thanking you .

--
Amey.