Compiling earlier X server releases using jhbuild/git?

Mike Travis travis at sgi.com
Thu Jan 14 11:14:23 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to build an earlier X server version using GIT and
jhbuild and I was wondering if there's a branch label to get
all the modules specific to a release (7.4 in this case).

Attempting to use the "build-from-tarballs.sh" using everything
has not been successful as I cannot find installable modules for
glproto and libpciaccess0-devel (so far).

Building from the distro (suse) xorg source rpm's has been
equally frustrating.

Thanks,
Mike