[REVIEW] DMX2 DIX merge

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Jan 6 13:12:15 PST 2010

I'm trying to pick up the DIX pieces of David Reveman's old dmx-2
branch, since they look broadly reasonable.  The major themes are:

a) Enabling support for the Composite stack in Xinerama mode
b) Exposing animated cursors to the DDX for acceleration
c) Integrating RANDR and Xinerama at the protocol layer
d) Various performance optimizations for redirected windows and MIT-SHM

b) I'm sort of indifferent about.  c) I think I want to implement
differently.  d) might be nice, but it forces some assumptions about
pixmap storage that deserve a bit more consideration.

a), on the other hand, is pretty clearly desirable.  I've rebased that
code against master here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajax/xserver/log/?h=dmx2-dix-merge

There's no major functional change between that code and what's in
Nomad, so it ought to pretty much work, but I'd appreciate a second set
of eyes, and any testers.

- ajax