[patch] Check if gamma_set is non-NULL

Michael Vogt mvo at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 6 05:53:38 PST 2010

Hi,

I ran accross a crash with xf86-video-nv-2.1.15 [1] and xserver
1.7.3.901. It looks like the problem is that gamma_set is called even
if that is NULL. Attached is a trivial check (patch is against git
head). I'm not sure if its the right fix, it might be that gamma_set
is mandatory now, but even then a more graceful fail would be nice.

xf86-video-nv-2.1.16 has a sub gamma_set that also prevents the crash
but it causes color problems (as mentioned in the annoucement for
2.1.16) because the old style colormap code is no longer called when
gamma_set is present. For me nv-2.1.15 and the attached patch make my
X work fine again.

Cheers,
 Michael

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/494627