Problem bringing up X11.

Rajesh Marathe rmarathe11 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:57:15 PST 2010

Hi,

I am a newbie to X programming and am facing a problem while bringing up X system on Linux based ARM board. I have latest Linux base from LTIB. On running the "Xfbdev" command, I get a segmentation fault with warning messages. Output is attached below:

mx27# Xfbdev -screen 240x320x60  -mouse tslib,,device=/dev/input/event1 &

[1] 1726

mx27# Warning: mode not found, using default

expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 59 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 60 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86Suspend: line 174 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86Battery: line 205 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86Bluetooth: line 206 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86WLAN: line 207 of inet

expected keysym, got XF86Hibernate: line 214 of inet

added keyboard Unknown KDrive Keyboard with dix id 2

initialising keyboard Unknown KDrive Keyboard

Couldn't find keyboard driver keybd

initialising pointer Generic Pointer ...

Backtrace (1 deep):

0: /lib/ld-linux.so.3 [0x40012e80]

Fatal server error:

Segmentation fault caught

[1]+  Segmentation fault      Xfbdev -screen 240x320x60 -mouse tslib,,device=/d1

Can you please help me get my X working on my board. Thanks!

regards,

Rajesh Marathe.