xorg-server-1.9.4 release schedule

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Mon Dec 27 10:02:15 PST 2010

On Dec 26, 2010, at 14:27, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> (14/12/2010):
>> I've updated the X.org calendar for the xorg-server-1.9.4 release
>> schedule. […] 1.10.0 is scheduled for release in mid February, so
>> we'll likely have just one more release (1.9.5) in mid march.
>
> Quick question about packaging: What do you think would be more
> useful? Sticking to 1.9.x series in debian experimental (and debian
> unstable once the next stable is out the door), or should I think
> about packaging 1.10.x snapshots?

Well, I'd certainly stick with 1.9.x for anything stable shipping through April.  My plan is to put out at least one more release of 1.9.x after 1.10 ships.  As for unstable and experimental branches go, it's probably approaching the time to move experimental over to 1.10 but keep unstable on the 1.9 RCs for a while.  In order to goto 1.10, you'll need to pick up a few unreleased protos, so it might be more pain than it's worth until those are released.