[Mesa-dev] TLS autodetection support in the X server

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:43:19 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM, tom fogal <tfogal at sci.utah.edu> wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> writes:
>> On 12/22/10 02:30 PM, tom fogal wrote:
>>
>> We generally don't copy macros from the autoconf-archive into
>> xorg-macros, we just use them as is - adding *.m4 files to
>> packages that need them (especially when it's just one or two
>> packages, not most of X.Org's 200+ packages).  See for instance,
>> xserver/m4/ac_define_dir.m4
>
> Ahh, okay.  I missed that.
>
>> Is there any reason not to do that here?
>
> Nope.
>
>> Why should we add multiple levels of indirection to keep in sync?
>
> We shouldn't, I was just ignorant.  I'll respin.
>
> ... and I have.  Attached.  Both against xorg/xserver this time.

Tom, I thought the issue here was that mesa glx would get built with
TLS, but xserver glx wouldn't. It seems like what you'd really want to
do is get this macro into mesa so it could autodetect TLS capabilities
and then use some value from mesa pkgconfig to detect how mesa glx was
built.

What do you think?

--
Dan