Composite ClipNotify fix and expose event elimination

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Dec 20 10:34:34 PST 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:30:34 +0200, Ville Syrjälä <ville.syrjala at nokia.com> wrote:

> Yeah. I'm not 100% sold on that myself yet. miValidateTree & co. don't
> seem to sink in without some conscious effort.

As you might imagine, clipping bugs are really nasty to fix.

> I've attached an ugly test app I was using. Just ignore/rip out the xv
> stuff etc. You can run it, for example, like so:
> 'xvredirect -F -d -s -b 10`

Thanks. I'd love to see this cleaned up and automated so that we can
verify that it works. I'd suggest having it run against a server that
isn't running a window manager or compositing manager so that it doesn't
fight those.

You could also have it run entirely within another window to avoid
interactions with the window manager, but that wouldn't test the root
case (which is often special).

keith.packard at intel.com