Handling GenericEvents in XSendEvent()

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Dec 20 06:26:22 PST 2010

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:19:40PM +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> A few weeks ago I sent some patches to make XSendEvent() deal with
> GenericEvents, which stayed mostly unreviewed, I'm reposting these,
> rebased against recent masters, also including some docs for the XGE
> updates.
>
> Any comment is welcome, IMHO it'd be great to have this so a XI2-aware
> implementation of XEmbed can be done sooner rather than later.

Sorry these have sat unreviewed for so long.  I took a look at these the
other night and they pretty much seem fine; I made a couple of minor
adjustments (bumping the protocol package version, actually bumping the
server's GE version so it reports having 1.1 for instance, etc) and
added my Reviewed-by tags.  I also made a patch for xcbproto.

Peter, could you please comment on these?

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/xextproto:ge
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/xserver:ge
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/xcbproto:ge
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/libxcb:ge
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/libx11:ge
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~daniels/libXi:ge

Cheers,
Daniel