State of XDBE

Lars Segerlund lars.segerlund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:08:12 PST 2010

 Hi All,

 I am trying to add support for xdbe in xcb,  which in itself looks
simple, but someone said that xdbe is deprecated ?

 I have looked around for two things, first information about if it's
deprecated and I have found nothing, and secondly I have looked for an
alternative, since I use it rather extensively ( otherwise I allocate
a big pixmap and pan ... and take my chances ).
 The Composite extension is not really an option on small framebuffer
devices ....

 Is it possible that it has gotten confused with MIT Multi buffers
which are deprecated as far as I understand ?

 And what are the plans for XDBE ?? I so hope it stays, it's simple
and easy to work with, integrates nicely with MIT Shm .... and so on.

 So my questions are :

 1. will it live ?

 2. if not what are the alternatives ?

 / best regards, Lars Segerlund