xf86-video-xgi: Rotation & ShadowFB

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Wed Dec 8 08:49:05 PST 2010

Hello,

one of our customers uses the xgi-driver (sadly 1.5.1 and not 1.6.0 due
to an old xserver) for his Volari Z9s, and needs rotation. This is just
my first contact with Xorg-development, but I'd think that:

- the ShadowFB support is currently incomplete, so the option CW just
  gives a black screen
- a starting point would be copying over sis_shadow.c from
  xf86-video-sis and figure out differences needed for xgi
- finally use ShadowFB in the main driver similar to the sis-driver

Could that already work? Or have I missed another needed aspect?

Thanks and kind regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |