RandR 1.4 additional X server patches

Aaron Plattner aplattner at nvidia.com
Mon Dec 6 16:53:25 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 02:44:08PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:36:43 -0800, Aaron Plattner <aplattner at nvidia.com> wrote:
>
> > The change to decouple the screen and screen pixmap sizes scares me.  We're
> > going to have to go through our driver with a fine-toothed comb to make
> > sure we use the right ones in all the right places.
>
> Understood. You shouldn't be using borderSize and winSize for anything
> in your driver; borderClip is the clipping bounds of the root
> window. I'd be interested to know if you're using the others at all though.

I meant the root window size vs. the screen pixmap size.  The driver is a
lot better about it than when I started at NVIDIA, so it may just work.  :)

I don't think we'll have any problems with the clip regions, that code is
pretty self-contained.  A quick grep shows that we don't use borderSize
anywhere, but we do use winSize for some obscure overlay colormap code
that's been around for ages.  We use borderClip and clipList all over the
place.