No subject

Mon Dec 6 11:12:59 PST 2010

	eventmask.deviceid = 2;

You seem to want all raw events from all devices. You should be using
XIAllDevices instead of a single device ID. You're likely only picking
up the "Virtual core pointer", which would explain why you're not
getting keypress events.

> Another issue that seems to happen is that when I click and drag, no
> motion events are reported. I'm not sure if that isn't intentional though.

You might be noticing implicit passive grabbing?

http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/GrabProcessing

You might want to check out xinput. You can run "xinput test-xi2" to see
all the XI 2.0 events generated. The code is pretty simple too, so you
should be able to compare what it's doing to your own code.

-- Chase