What's the meaning of XSyncAlarmNotify ?

danny tornadory at 163.com
Sun Dec 5 19:53:37 PST 2010

Hi ,

Thank you very much for your answer.

>> And why sometimes the xevent->type is not right? (if the event_base = 96 ,
>> then sometimes the xevent->type always be 98 but not 97)
>
>"Sometimes" before "always" sounds pretty confusing to me. :)

Those codes are from gnome-power-manager program, it will judge the xevent->type, and when it works normally, the xevent->type will be equal with event_base + XSyncAlarmNotify(it is defined as 1), but sometimes the program will become abnormal , then after print the value of xevent->type we found that it will be "event_base + 2" but not "event_base + 1" at this situation.

I am sorry for my poor English to make you confuse.

>Thus,
>whenever a triggering condition of a previously registered alarm occurs, the
>interested client will be notified with a XSyncAlarmNotify event.

Does that means that I could registered XSyncAlarm to the X server?  How to do that, could you tell me? I want to let X server notify me when it has been idle for a given time.

And I will also try to find out from the document you mentioned.
Thanks again.

--

 Best Regards,