Sprite transforms in RandR

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Dec 5 18:17:12 PST 2010

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 16:42:43 -0800, Aaron Plattner <aplattner at nvidia.com> wrote:

> Unless it's very generic or just a string to present to the user, I don't
> think trying to encode this in the protocol is going to be reasonable.  We
> have a bazillion ways that modesets can fail, most of which are due to
> wacky internal limitations that are hard to describe.

Ok, that was my assumption. We could ship a string back, if you like --
I've got an X reply heading that direction. Of course, getting that
localized for the user to actually understand it will be nearly
impossible, so it's tempting to just say 'go look at your Xorg.0.log
file for details' or some such.

keith.packard at intel.com