[RFC XI 2.1 - inputproto] Various fixes in response to Peter Hutterer's review

Denis Dzyubenko shadone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 04:35:24 PST 2010

Hi,

2010/12/2 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net>:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
>> OK, so would something like this suit you:
>>  * at selection time, clients can choose whether or not to receive
>>    not-for-you events
>>  * at any point during a touch stream, the current owner of a touch can
>>    tell the server that it should not send any more events for that
>>    touch stream to non-owning clients
>>  * at any point during a touch stream, non-owning clients can opt out
>>    of receiving further events from that stream
>
> Are these "not-for-you-events" touches outside any of the clients
> windows?  Are we allowing to let the client select for all touch
> events, anywhere they occur?  That sounds like a bad idea from a
> security / client isolation point of view.  If on the other hand,
> that's not the case and clients only receive events that land inside
> one of their windows and only when they select for it, I really don't
> think we need the roundtrips to stop event delivery.    We're not
> waking up a ton of clients, we're waking up the one client that's
> actually being touched.

I agree with that. My understanding is that touch events will be
delivered to clients that have a passive grab on the device (like WM)
and also tentative touch events to a client under the touched area -
as I understand Chase's approach only the top-most client will get
those tentative touch events.

--
Best regards,
Denis.