What's the meaning of XSyncAlarmNotify ?

danny tornadory at 163.com
Thu Dec 2 19:06:16 PST 2010

Hi all,

When I try to find out how to judge the idle time of the system, I find XSyncAlarmNotify in the gnome-power-manager, and such codes are:
        XEvent *xevent = (XEvent *) gdkxevent;
        EggIdletime *idletime = (EggIdletime *) data;
        XSyncAlarmNotifyEvent *alarm_event;

        if (xevent->type != idletime->priv->sync_event + XSyncAlarmNotify){
                return GDK_FILTER_CONTINUE;
        }
        ...try to enter sleep mode

But now sometimes it will failed, so I want to know that what's meaning of XSyncAlarmNotify, and could any one tell me how to judge the idle of the system(should be the X system)?

Thanks in advance.

--

 Best Regards,