Fence Sync patches

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Dec 2 15:54:03 PST 2010

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:40:06 -0800, James Jones <jajones at nvidia.com> wrote:
> As I mentioned early on, I really want to get the fence sync work in server
> 1.10.  The server code was reviewed by Adam Jackson (thanks for sifting
> through all that) and various nvidians, but I still haven't received any
> external official reviewed-by for the proto updates it relies on, or for the lib
> code to exercise it.  I've CC'd the suggested reviewers on the latest versions
> of the patches and here:
>
> -Alan and Adam, because you provided some early feedback on the proto specs
> but never responded to my updates based on said feedback.
>
> -Keith, because you're the maintainer of the damage subsystem, and there are
> some minor changes to the damage proto and lib.
>
> If these remaining pieces get reviewed, I can send out pull requests for
> everything immediately.  I've had this code out for review in some form for
> about 3 months now, so it'd be pretty disappointing if it had to sit around
> waiting for another release cycle.

Yeah, sounds like we're a bit behind in getting this reviewed and
merged, but it also sounds like we'll be able to get it done. I've read
over the protocol changes and they look fine, other than recovering from
Peter's version snafu. I'd say we should just call this protocol version 1.3
and avoid any potential confusion with the protocol header 1.2.0 release number.

keith.packard at intel.com