How to send XI2 events from a client to the other client(s) ?

Park Sung-Jin input.hacker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 01:33:51 PDT 2010

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. :)

As you said, distinguishing between NotifyGrab and NotifyNormal of
FocusIn/FocusOut event can be a good choice.
But I have several applications which use their different toolkits
concurrently such as GTK, Xt and others.

So I need a way to send key event to specific window(s) under specific
delivery policy with toolkit independant way.
That's why I didn't use XGrabKey and other grab functions.

As I already said, there is no function to send XI2 events from one to the
other.
Peter, do you have any plan to add/implement this functionality in the near
future ?

Thanks in advance. :)

Sung-Jin Park