How to send XI2 events from a client to the other client(s) ?

Park Sung-Jin input.hacker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 05:02:40 PDT 2010

Hi...
My Xorg server and applications are running on mobile environment.
Most of application windows are full screen and some application can get
some keys
even if they are not on the top of window stack.

In the past, I used XGrabKey to get some keys in an application which was on
the bottom of window stack.
Keys were delivered properly but everytime they delivered, focus window
changed also.
So the application which contains focused window received focus-out and
focus-in events
when every key delivered to other application window.

So I chose that one special application grab all key events and delivered
the events to the proper window via XSendEvent().