X server 1.9 stable release manager

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Aug 22 17:55:16 PDT 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:45:57 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> You got my vote, anyway. And given the amount of candidates and how tight
> the race is, that vote may just give you the edge ;)

Sounds like we have a winner! Managing the stable branch (and the master
branch, for that matter) is largely a mechanical process of watching the
incoming patches, waiting for them to be adequately reviewed and then
applying them. If Ajax can check the hw/xfree86 patches and provided
'Acked-by:' lines, I think we'll be in good shape here.

Thanks very much, Jeremy, for volunteering to help in this way; I'm sure
Peter can answer any questions you've got about the process. I would
like to encourage you to ask questions instead of waiting around
whenever you get stuck.

keith.packard at intel.com