VMware drivers maintainers

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Wed Aug 18 06:00:40 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 14:09 +0200, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:

> It appears that the vmwarectrl program has its own configure.ac
> script, so it won't be compiled unless explicitly configured and build
> in that directory.

Correct. It's the only package out of the 240 in xorg that has this
arrangement.
The configuration is also totally out-date.

> I'll have a check with some inhouse people to see whether we want to
> change that so that it builds by default.

It would be good to know what is the expected use of this program.
An end user program that system builders should include in their OS?
A developer only tool for unit testing?

Whatever it may be, I can propose some better alternatives.