Rendering bug fix status before 2.11.9 release

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Fri Aug 13 02:02:13 PDT 2010

Hi, all

	Before the new driver version(2.11.9) to be released in the next
week, I want to make you be clear about the rendering work status now.
	Before my work on this part, Mart has contribute to the "No
icon" bug, that is only tip of the iceberg.
	Right now, the outstanding rendering work below is fixed:
	1)PictOpOver
	2)PictOpSrc
		First fixing these two usual ops in the code(including
progressbar and scrollbar etc. ugly looking). Then Special handling to
the negative coordinate and coordinate greater than source(some websites
misrendering, File browser misrendering).
	3)PictOpAdd
		This op is mainly for glyph rendering. Our driver can
not support a8+a8 PictOpAdd before that leads to low performance in
glyph rendering. So we add this op support in our code.
	4)PictOpOutReverse
		This op is used under KDE file browser opening. That is
quite similar with the PictOpOver fix before. I refer ops.c in
rendercheck to fix this.

The remaining rendering issue:
	1)Logout screen daduke met
		I am not sure what op it used. Still trying reproduce
that first.
	2)PictOpIn and PictOpInReverse
		I met these two ops when starting GNOME and KDE.
Absolutely our driver does that rendering wrong. The lucky thing is that
I have not met the misrendering report.
	3)Performance
		Not sure which op cause some low performance now. I want
to use the way Mart suggest(do some stat. on which op is used often and
fallback)

	Because this part work is done only by myself, so I want to
share my debug experience with you to improve our driver together in the
future. Especially thanks to Mart, Jonathan and Michel. Hope you guys
still support us as the past.

Thanks,
Frank