xorg input driver for accelerometer

Éric Piel E.A.B.Piel at tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 11 05:41:30 PDT 2010

Op 11-08-10 12:29, yogesh gole schreef:
> Hi All,
>
> How does the XServer handle accelerometer events, is there any
> xorg-input-driver available for accelerometer support

Hi,

Normally the accelerometer drivers in Linux export the position as a
joystick. So, I haven't tried but I imagine the joystick driver would work.

Which accelerometer (kernel driver) do you have?

Does anyone know how to load the joystick driver on an already running
xserver? Maybe all which is needed is to add a matching fdi rule, and
then "plug in" the joystick (unloading and reloading the module)?

Eric