Using Xephyr in OLPC's XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:30:41 PDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> X does actually (kind of) have this in the internal representation of a
> mode.  The BlankStart and BlankEnd bits of a DisplayModeRec are for
> describing the border.  Naturally we don't provide you any way of
> getting to that from xorg.conf, and most drivers just ignore it.

Alex Deucher proposed exactly that in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2010-July/050670.html but
my driver just ignored it.

> But in most drivers we expose this as panel fitting modes.

Our Via driver has this but I am a tad confused -- how would you
'tweak' the panel fitting modes for this?

> In your particular case, the magic word you're looking for is probably
> VG_MODEFLAG_CENTERED.

interesting -- will have to grep through the sources for that.

thanks!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions